Details of Tuition Fee Remission Scheme
Tuition Fee Remission Scheme
Our school established the Tuition Fee Remission Scheme for students coming from families experiencing financial difficulties. Criteria of eligibility for the scheme are set mainly according to the family financial conditions prescribed by the Working Family And Student Financial Assistance Agency Student Finance Office(SFO). The students who come from families receiving the CSSA or receiving financial assistance provided by the SFO could apply for school fee remission. Students excluded from the above-mentioned subsidy scheme are also entitled to apply for any school-cased fee remission programs.
Students/ Parents may obtain application forms from class teachers or directly from school office or「 download it 」from our website.
Forms completed should be handed in to class teachers together with the following documents ：
- Copies of documents showing eligibility for financial assistance issued by SFO (Eligibility Certificate / notification of result by Scheme) OR
- Copies of documents showing their eligibility for “Comprehensive Social Security Assistance (CSSA) Scheme” issued by the Social Welfare Department OR
- Copies of Certificate of Comprehensive Social Security Assistance Recipients (for Medical Waivers)
Methods for eligibility assessment
With reference to the information given by SFO, our school employs “Adjusted Family Income” mechanism as a means test to assess the eligibility of applicants and their assistance level
The “AFI” mechanism is based on the following formula：
Gross annual income of the family
AFI = -------------------------------------------------
Number of family members+ (1)
- Gross annual income of the family includes the annual income of the applicant and his/her spouse; 30% of the annual income of unmarried child / children residing with the family if applicable; and the contribution from relatives / friends if applicable.
- The members of a family normally refer to the applicant, his/her spouse, unmarried child / children residing with the family and the dependent parent(s) who are supported by the applicant and/or his/her spouse.
- For single-parent families of 2 to 3 members, the ‘plus 1 factor’ in the divisor of the AFI formula will be increased to 2.
Level of Assistance
The AFI eligibility benchmarks for various levels of assistance in the 2019/20 school year are listed in the table below for your reference.
Please note that the AFI is not the average monthly income of a family.
2019/20 school year - AFI Groups between (HK$)
(for reference only)
Level of Assistance
0 to 40,240
40,241 to 77,810
INELIGIBLE (unsuccessful application)
AFI thresholds for full level of assistance for 3-member and 4-member families are $48,715 and $44,818 respectively in the 2019/20 school year. For 2-member single-parent families and 3-member single-parent families, they are regarded as 3-member families and 4-member families respectively for determining the AFI thresholds for full level of assistance and calculation of AFI.
Students whose families receive “Comprehensive Social Security Assistance (CSSA) Scheme” are eligible to have their annual tuition fees waived
The final amount of assistance would be determined by our school according to actual needs of students’ families.
School Fee of 2019-2020
S1-S6: $9600(whole year) (10 instalments for S1-S5; 6 instalments for S6)
For any enquiring concerning above information, please feel free to contact our Chief Mistress of School Affairs Department, Mr Chow Chi Chung, or Miss Cham of our account department with phone number 2706 6969 or email firstname.lastname@example.org